I remember....

This morning was filled with the typical hustle of our house as we rushed out the door for Brady's doctor's checkup. After my morning prayer, I managed to throw the boys clothes on that I'd found last night. Red, white, and blue to honor today. After the wonderful and healthy checkup we came home. So, today, I woke up in a comfortable, albeit messy house, and was able to pray comfortably, I made breakfast after having to take time to choose from a well shocked cabinet, I loaded up our car that is proudly sporting my conservative sticker, and we drove to the doctor of my choice with my family. I arrived home safely. In the events of my simple life this morning, I was able to realize:

I've never been forced to leave the place I call home.

I've never worshiped in fear.

I've never worried that my children can't have values instilled in their hearts without persecution. 

I've never gone hungry, or faced children and explained why there wasn't enough food. 

I've never lived under a government that would arrest me for speaking my ideals.

I've never traveled in fear of those who hate our lives and our freedoms.

I've never worried what would happen if my family became sick and needed help.

I'VE NEVER WONDERED WHY THESE THINGS ARE SO.......



 
I REMEMBER.


Thank you to all who have served, and thank you to all who gave the greatest sacrifice.


"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." -- Ronald Reagan

Post a Comment