Pre- Christmas Preparations



I. am. so. behind. There is no excuse except being a busy Mama. Thanks be to Melissa Snyder for continually stalking my blog and reminding me how behind I have become. I have several blogs started, but none to post. I thought I needed to share the great happenings getting ready for Christmas. I have of course forced yuletide excitement onto my boys, and they are slowly learning the joys of preparing for Christmas. Together we loaded up and picked a Christmas tree from friends of ours. There wasn't a tree that lived up to "Charlie Perfection" so I picked on, and after lots of ornament rearrangement and light tangling, it looked perfect. The boys placed the star together. Like always. This morning my sister, Tiffany, hosted our annual "Ray Cookie/Candy Exchange" at her new BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL home. The kids made gingerbread houses while we drank coffee and admired he smorgasbord of sweets. Charlie, after ultrahype in the car, made a rocking gingerbread house with a spikey monster that lived in it. I was so proud to say the least. It was so great to watch the kids eat till they almost puked and still have a sweet creation afterwards.







I don't get caught up in shopping and gifts. Just never have enjoyed that so much. I do, however, thank the Lord for these special times with those I love so much. I am trying to treasure each day with my loved ones. We aren't guaranteed another, so I am soaking in each precious moment, each big smile, each old story, each big tale, and every warm hug. I love my life, I love my family, and I love Christmas Preparation Hooplah that includes them all.

Post a Comment