Giving Thanks

Before you read: the font colors hate me on this page, I did not make it this tacky

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY CHARLIE'S SNEAKY SMILE
After much thought this week about all the typical "I am thankful for's" I couldn't help but notice all of the things I love in my life that are very atypical. I am for sure thankful for my salvation, my family, my home and my health, but here is an informal, kind of silly, but very heartfelt list I've compiled. No order and certainly not every blessing:
  1. Charlie's hums as he wakes up in the morning.
  2. Jamie's call when he hears about an accident and knows I am driving.
  3. The comfort of church.
  4. My Daddy's mustache when he kisses me.
  5. McDonald Thursdays in my car while Charlie sleeps and Casey is at dance class.
  6. Marissa and Meghan finding just the right time to call me a "Poopface"
  7. My mom's light hearted laugh when I am telling her about my breakdown.
  8. Towers of blocks I find long after Charlie goes to bed.
  9. Huey Lewis
  10. Visits to my Mid-Wife
  11. Myra's telephone calls
  12. Cheynie's smile
  13. My kitchen radio
  14. My sisters and brothers-in-law who feel like my own.
  15. Tiffany's ability to make any situation feel do-able.
  16. Dakota ALWAYS coming to my aid when I call
  17. Finding just the right verse in comfort in the Bible when I need it most.
  18. Wild baby movements in my belly when the house is dark and quiet.
  19. Mr. Norris who bags my groceries and always makes me feel like it was a pleasure to catch the items Charlie threw at him.
  20. Nana's sweets
  21. Casey's forehead kisses
  22. Movie night at home
  23. Friends who listen to me lose it and then smile and say, "You crack me up!"
  24. George Strait and his ability to take me back 10 years with a few notes.
  25. chocolate milk
Perhaps more to come.......

Post a Comment