Ain't No Two the Same



After a heart to heart with my Nana last week, she bluntly stated, "Ain't no two the same, Heather, so don't think you've got it licked." Of course she was referring to the wonderful news of another wild and precious little Ward boy on his way to our house. I am not sure how encouraging this was, or even if it was meant to be, but I took it in stride and smiled.
Jamie and I waited to have our first ultrasound until I was further along than most women, thus, our next one was later too. At 20 weeks we walked into the exam room with hands-down, the most wonderful technician in all of Watauga County. Ms. Gina hugged me like always. (You see, my midwife, Heather Jordan, sends her patients to the hospital for ultrasounds. After a rather horrible experience with a heartless tech, Jamie and I have requested Gina since the first ultrasound with Charlie. We LOVE her.) After Gina gave me the usual compliments about my glowing appearance, however false it may have been, I sat on the table. I knew that this entire pregnancy had been so different from Charlie's, but I wasn't sure what we would hear. Although I was excited about finding out the sex of our little one, I was overcome with the worries that plague me. I had heard so often recently of unhealthy little ones, so I had spent extra silent time in prayer


Immediately we knew. Gina smiled and said, "Oops, do you want to know what it is? I think I just saw." I laughed. It was true, another boy. The best response I saw after sending out my mass text (which, by the way, confuses the simple minded......Marti) was from my sister, "Ha ha, you're in for it now." I laughed. I was so excited. As the exam went on I wished Charlie were there with us. He was with my Mom because, let's face it, he likes her better than me. The only news we found was wonderful news. Things were great. He was calmer than Charlie was a this age, but very active and perfectly healthy. Praise the Lord!


This brings me to the issue at hand. Am I tough enough to tackle two boys? Literally. How will I handle two football players? What will I do when I catch them buying tobacco? Can I afford two dirt bikes? Girlfriends?? Honestly, I am not sure. I just know that another sweet little boy will make our family perfect. I can't imagine myself with a little girl. I would have loved one, but I am already used to taking blocks to the head and buying dinosaurs. I love my boys! I am so excited, words could never explain. A wise friend reminded me that I will be forced to watch ESPN forever. I cringe, but then I realize, I wouldn't have it any other way.





Jamie's mom has instilled a bit of fear in me with stories of broken windows, multiple ER visits, and crashed grocery carts, so I have attached the lyrics to the most touching song a mom could hear. I knew Jamie would be a wonderful father. That being said, I hope these fellas are everything like him...

I remember saying I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm ok
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said "You see that thing right there well you know what that means"

And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride hes bike to fast
End up every summer wearing something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street
He's gonna get in trouble oh he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

I can see him right now knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass trying to melt a Tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on
That'll be his first love til his first love comes along
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skipping class and be grounded for a week
He's gonna get in trouble we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day
He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he cant wait to leave
But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out
If he's anything like me there's worse folks to be like
Aw he'll be alright if he's anything like me

Marti  – (December 14, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

You love me and my simple mindedness. :) But I forgive you for calling me simple minded because you called me WISE just a few lines later...I LOVE YOU! and your BOYS too!

Post a Comment