My Valentine

How do I feel about Valentine's Day? Wonderful of course. If you know me at all you'd know how ridiculously sappy and nostalgic I am. I've always loved it, even when I hated boys because they smelled. Over time though, I have started to look passed this commercialized holiday. A day all about love? What's greater?? I am planning on using this day to tell those that I love just how much they mean to me. I don't throw the word "love" at everyone I know. It's something earned, and not to be said lightly. That being said, I am thankful for "My Love." I am not someone who believes in fate. I believe in a divine plan. I am lucky that I found a best friend, and then made him marry me. Jamie and I didn't start out as most couples do. No one set us up. We never had an awkward first date. I never waited by the phone wondering if he would call. We were passed that before we even knew what was happening. We never had to learn the things we loved most about one another, or even the things that drove us crazy. We were friends-friends that fell in love. Looking back I can't believe how simple our love was. I can't help but think about the lines, "Some hearts they just get all the right breaks, some hearts have the stars on their side. Some hearts they just have it so easy, some hearts just get lucky sometimes" That was me. That was us. Did I deserve his friendship? Not really. Did I deserve his smile? Maybe not. Do I deserve the honorable man from a world full of spoiled and selfish boys? No. Do I deserve the tender heart that cuddles my babies and the serious look when they need to be taught right from wrong? Defiantly not. Do I deserve this man who carries his son into a church and sits beside me in prayer? Well, I can say I am sure thankful I have him. This Valentine's Day I don't want chocolate and I really can't keep flowers alive. All I want is time to stop and think, "Yeah, some hearts have it easy, and I thank the Lord it was mine."

Post a Comment