I sleep like a baby....

Yes, I do. For a while now I've been thinking about typing some hateful blog along the lines of, "Mothers who have children that sleep, miss out on the true experience of motherhood." Of course, when I am thinking of these hateful things I am usually in mid conscienceless bumping through my living room in the dark stepping on tater-head parts looking for water, a blanket, a diaper....those kind of things.

All that being said, I have to explain. My children don't sleep. Period. My fault I have been told. I am strictly against letting them cry it out. Works for some people perfectly, just not me. Because of this I guess, my boys never learned to fall back asleep when they woke up. There are mornings my body physically hurts to get up because I have been up every two hours, and I am sharing my bed with a 3 year old karate kid with ice cold feet, however, I have come to realize that God gives a mother that little something that carries her sleepy body into the kitchen in the middle of the night for water, or gives the ability to strip sheets and disinfect an "accident" bed in 3 minutes flat, He gives her that sweet little touch of a hungry baby in the early hours to remind her of what true love is, He gives her the smack of little feet in the hall in the dark to warm her heart. God has given me so much. I dare not complain. I know one night will come and I will lay awake in a house empty of children wishing I had these days back. I love these nights and early mornings. I might not be "on top of my game" until I get coffee in my system, but I love every moment.

This morning, for the first time I can remember, Brady woke up with sleep lines because he slept for 4 hours straight last night. Picture worthy I do believe. So, I won't complain, but just know that when you see me in the morning at Food Lion and I look like a train has run over my hair and my clothes don't exactly match........don't judge me. Just smile and think about the wildness of my "stay up all night" babies :)


Post a Comment