Honor 9/11

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." 

Edmund Burke

 

I've loved this quote for what seems like forever. I guess it seems so special to me because no matter the situation, I feel like it fits. Today I honor those lost in the attacks of Sept. 11, but I don't forget that evil will always thrive unless good men stand up. Not necessarily take a physical stand, although I am so grateful for those brave ones who do, but take a moral stand for things you know in your heart to be right. Don't make decisions in your mind, those are carnal and vain, but with your heart and your conscience. A truly unselfish soul makes a stand for what is right, whether it benefits them or not. Don't fall into the sway of popularity or social correctness. Remember, if you are doing what God taught to be right, the road is rocky and persecution abounds. 

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:10


Post a Comment