I've got a favor

   Like always, my idea for a blog hit me at an odd moment. As I am sitting beside Hootie's bed, in the dark, whispering an order of Mexican food into the phone I see Jamie come to the door. "Who are you talking to?" In stride I whisper, "Dos Amigos." Immediately the look on his face cracks me up. It hits me.
    My Aunt Myra is more than an aunt, and one of my closest confidants and friends. That night she was driving home from my cousin's swim meet and needed an order placed so it would be ready when she got to town. I just called. No big deal, but that night got me to thinking of all of the "favors" that have occured between me and my family. I've talked and laughed with them all week as we look back and recall favors that we ask of one another. We never think, we just drop what we are doing and do it for one another. I haven't realized until recently how odd it is. We have a CRAZY family, I mean, one tent shy of a circus, but this is something we have that not many do. I have a close group of loved ones that I know are there when I call, whatever I need, whenever that may be. Below I have complied a list of favors we have all asked of one another. I don't like inside jokes, so I hope everyone will find these are ridiculously entertaining. No names mentioned.... :)


 "Hey, can you go down to my house and open the cabinet get the pitcher out fill it with freezing cold water, go into Matt's room, throw it on him and RUN!!!!"

"Can you edit my papers at midnight so I can submit it?"

"Go look on my Pinterest site and tell me what ingredients I need before I leave the store."

"Can you cut your date short so you can come sit with the boys so I can go into Walmart?"

"Hey, I'm driving, can you look up a number for me?"

"Quick, check my account online so I know if I can use my card before I get to the window to pay."

"I thought I saw a scary dog while I was walking. Can you come to the end of the driveway and pick me up and drive me back home?"

"I need a cake for a baby shower....tonight."

"I'm on my way to your house, can you make me a tuna sandwich?"

"I left my books at school, can you take me to get them?"

"I'm stuck in the parking deck with no cash, can you come get me out?"

"Can I borrow your parking pass because it is so cold?"

"Weather is so bad, won't you let me take you to class?"

"Call your mom and see what she heard on the scanner. I'm home alone, and cops just flew by the house!" at 11:00.....

"Can you come get me, my key won't start my car?"

"Can you come show me how to pump up my tire?"

"Seriously, something is outside. I heard it. Yes, I am calling again."  "Nevermind, just a horse in the yard."

"Pretty sure my straightener really is plugged up this time. Can you go check....again?"

"Please drive all the way to Bethel to pick up a cake for me."

"Hey, I forgot to get my laundry. Can you bring it over to Nana's for me so I can wash it because it always smells better at her house?"

"Where is this building at? I've never seen it on campus. It's raining and I can't find it. Look it up for me?"

"I know I have reminded you 5 times, but can you let Willa out for me?"

"Can I use your ID to return this? Walmart sucks, and won't let me anymore!"

"Can you call Mom and tell her I wrecked....again, but I'm ok this time."

"Will you help me use the Ranger to move furniture that is way too heavy for two women to possibly move alone?"

"Can you brush my hair? I feel like crap."

"I have terrible morning sickness, can I stop and puke at your house really quick?"

"Call the phone company and pretend to be me. Be hateful and ask why they cut my phone off."

"I'm putting you on 3-way, listen to how rude they are when I call them."

"I need to look nice tonight, can you bring me any clothes of yours I can possibly fit into?"

"Yep, just had a baby. I know you want to stay and hold him, but I am starved, can you go to McDonalds before they close at midnight?"

Post a Comment