Teacher of the Year: Mrs. Reece

I must use one of my favorite movie quotes of all time. In the 90's movie, A League of Their Own, one of the main characters jokes about how her parents always see her in the shadow of her sister. Thus, my inspiration for this quote...

"This is our daughter, Tiffany...this is our other daughter, Tiffany's sister."

I am kidding of course. I simply could not let my older sister's bright accomplishments go unrecognized. This year Tiffany earned the title of Cove Creek Elementary's Teacher of the Year. Though some say awards are given, this one was truly earned. Tiffany does the hard things with a smile, and always has her students' best interest at heart. Our nation would be far stronger if all educators had the dedication, heart, and positive character that Tiffany has. I am thankful she has given me so much to look to not only in the classroom, but in life. I love her, and I am so proud of her.




http://www.hcpress.com/people-2/2013-14-teachers-of-the-year-in-the-watauga-county-schools-chosen-an-outstanding-team-of-educators.html


Post a Comment