My Mama

You hear all of these cheesy commercial reminders to "Call your Mom on Mother's Day." Today, out loud, I said, "Seriously??" If you need a reminder, then your heart is defiantly in need of some molding. Not one day goes by without me thinking about my mama, and wanting to talk to her. Most days it is several, calls, texts, or emails. Everyday I spend as a Mother, I realize more and more all that my Mama gave to us. I went to bed every night and I knew I was loved, and I woke up and started everyday, and I knew I was loved. Mom never had "Mom Time." I never remember her losing it with us. She never shouted. She never complained when we asked for a specific meal, she never hesitated when I wanted a sleepover. She never knocked on the door at 3 am to tell 4 giggly girls to get to bed. She held my hair when I was sick, in the car, or at a park, or beside the road, or wherever else my motion sickness took hold. Everyday I realize how hard all of those small things were for her, but she did them all with such grace. She never grumbled. She just did them. Why? Because she has a Mother's Heart. She loves me, and because of this I have learned to love  my babies the same. I will brag. I come from a long lineage of good hearts. I pray mine will be just as enduring.


Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I sure love you!


Post a Comment