Our Bizarre Frog Egg Experience

IF MY MUSIC IS PLAYING, PAUSE THE MUSIC WHEN YOU ARE WATCHING THE VIDEO. IT IS IN THE BLUE BOX IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER. IF YOU DON'T HEAR MUSIC, THEN DON'T WORRY.

So, if you know about our house, then I am sure you are familiar with the ditch that is constantly being dug out behind our house. Jamie works weekly it seems to keep water from pooling. Somehow, within a week's time, stupid, crooking frogs made a trek to the water to lay their booger-like eggs. In a hormonal fit of rage, I began shoveling them out the day I realized they were there. Casey, my little sister, and Charlie immediately came to join in the "fun." Somehow, in the midst of my mud flying and fabric staining outburst, I noticed the oddest sounds. Roaring laughter. The kids were slinging eggs everywhere, and with eggs hanging from their clothing, they were having the time of their lives. I threw the shovel aside, and went over to them. I'd been such a poo about the fear of 10,000 frogs growing in my backyard, that I had forgotten to stop and tell them what we were dealing with. After a VERY simple and brief life cycle lesson, I ran and grabbed a Mason jar. Together we salvaged what few eggs were left. We placed them in the shade on our deck. Everyday for a couple weeks now, the kids check on their progress. I've done nothing but refresh their water, but they are thriving. They have been frozen solid TWICE and baked a couple times, but these scrappy little pests just won't give it up. So, here we are awaiting the transformation of our pets. Legs have formed, and the kids are actually beginning to believe that these little fish things will become frogs. Charlie is so interested that he tried to get more eggs himself, and had a horrible crash into the murky mess. I only had my phone to take the picture, but I captured a video before the bath. I've never felt so bad for laughing so hard in my life!


(IF MY MUSIC IS PLAYING, PAUSE THE MUSIC WHEN YOU ARE WATCHING THE VIDEO. IT IS IN THE BLUE BOX IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER. IF YOU DON'T HEAR MUSIC, THEN DON'T WORRY.)

Rest assured, I will be updating. I am not quite sure how I will handle these creatures when they become frogs. I am pregnant, and rather grossed out by the things, so I am thinking they might possibly meet a terrible demise. Who knows? Maybe I will grow a heart before then and buy an aquarium.

Post a Comment