He's my lobster

....for those few Americans who don't get my sense of humor, here's the explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBovKaCUHQ&feature=related


Wiping my tears
It really seems like yesterday that I was walking around the church ready to open the doors when my Daddy reached over and kissed me, and my sister jumped to catch my mascara filled tears as they began hitting my dress. It wasn't yesterday, it was 8 years! There was no way that I had any idea how the Lord would bless my life. It seemed almost surreal after all of the wedding rush. With my closest friends by my side, my wedding day was perfect. No, it wasn't the rain, it wasn't the ridiculous amounts of bicycles of the roads, it wasn't the dress, the hair, or the flowers, it was my "lobster" that made my day perfect. 

Jamie and I have had a wonderful life together. I really have thought about that a lot as this week arrived. Today I was talking with one of my very best friends, Jesse. We began dating and then got married within months of one another. Today we spent a few minutes, and I do mean few due to our children :), talking about how blessed and thankful we are. 
Our engagement picture

I don't want to celebrate our wedding anniversary tomorrow. I want to celebrate the love and friendship that has grown for 8 years. I can't ever explain, especially in words, what these years have meant to me. We have so much fun together, and now we have 2 wild little boys to enjoy it with us. Tomorrow night I am looking forward to a special meal with three dinner dates. 

Happy Anniversary to my lobster...I'm going to celebrate you tomorrow, because you are the one who got the short end of the stick. I'm the lucky one, and I love you.

June 28, 2003

Marti  – (June 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM)  

Ahhh, I remember this day well! :) Happy Anny loves!

Post a Comment