Pippy's Day

Today the world celebrates the fact that my sister, Tiffany, is older than me. Just kidding, only I celebrate that.


Today I celebrate a lifetime of memories that have been made with the very best friend a girl like me could ask for. Today I am thankful for the hours spent on horseback, the shaving cream fights, the booger house, the constant whines when mom and dad smoked, the hair cuts, the endless sports training camps where I wasn't allowed to be a quitter, the double dates with Jamie, the fourth of July celebrations, the constant conservative backup on GoBlueRidge, the money for the parking deck, the drives to class, the makeup borrows, the shoeswaps, my wedding, my babies, the good times, and even more importantly, I am thankful that I have had her for the bad times. Tiffany has never wavered, never failed to be there right when I needed her. I've never doubted that she loves me and my boys just as much as I do.
Today I am thankful to have a sister who has molded me, sometimes painfully, into exactly who I am. I am the solid conservative, the sister, the daughter, the Christian, the teacher, and the mother that I am today simply because I have had the best role model I could ever ask for.


I love you, Tiffany! Everyone celebrates your birthday today, but I celebrate the day the Lord gave me my very best friend. Enjoy your day, and never forget, I may look older but the calendar never lies. Happy Birthday, (in Charlie's words) Pippy!




Post a Comment