Happy Birthday, James Bond!

(side note: this is my 100th post)

My very oldest and dearest friend walked up to me once when Jamie and I started dating, and in her own crazy way said, "Hey, how are things with James Bond?" Took me a minute, but I cracked up. From that day on she never called him Jamie, just James Bond.

Here's to my precious James Bond. He isn't a deadly trained government agent, but he certainly is a great match for me. Today is my Jamie's birthday. Charlie and I baked him a broken crusted pumpkin pie, and gave him a watch (surprise already spoiled by Charlie weeks ago) and a calendar of the boys. We all four pigged out at Outback tonight (yes, Brady too, just in his own special way) Like every celebration, I made sure I stopped tonight to send thanks to the Lord for blessing our family another year with a wonderful man. One day, when the sweepstakes comes knocking, I will be able to whisk him away to the golf trip of his life, but until then he will have to settle for pumpkin pies with fingerprints and birthday cards that read, "You're Turning 4," just because Charlie liked the heroes on the front.

I know Jamie doesn't like his birthday too much, but I do. It is a day worth celebrating the man that makes me complete.





Happy Birthday, Daddy, my love, and my James Bond!

Post a Comment