A perfect mixture

When I was young, there was nothing cooler than going to work with my Daddy during the summer. Every now and then he would let me come with him to the Dealership where he worked. I loved it because I felt like a "big deal" I sat at his desk, marked on papers that should not be marked on, but most importantly I was able to walk to the other side of the dealership to the vending machines. I LOVED THIS. I remember vividly walking down the long hall and taking forever making my decisions. I tried every drink and gross candy in the machine. One day I found the match, Cheeze-its and Cherry Coke. Got them everyday for months it seems like. I still crave that mix sometimes. It was heavenly. Kind of gross when you think about it, but for some reason I loved it. I hate Cherry Cokes, but for some reason they blended. It worked.

Today marks 9 years. Repeat that 9 YEARS Jamie and I have been married. I can't believe it. Cliche I know, but time flies. The older you are the quicker the years pass, and you just don't know where the days go. I don't remember a lot about life before I married Jamie. Of course some things, but our lives have been so busy and blessed it seems to take over my memory bank. I laughed to myself the other day when I saw Cherry Cokes in a machine. I thought about my mixture as a child. Jamie and I are kind of like Cherry Coke and Cheeze-Its. He's quiet and thoughtful of his words, I'm loud and need to let my head be a little faster than my mouth. He's athletic and loves sports of all kinds, and I have a hard time understanding all the tiny new rules of football and I have no coordination. Jamie remembers every. little. detail. I can't even remember the day of the week. I don't believe Paula Abdul, complete opposites don't attract, but little differences make for the perfect mixture.

I'm so thankful today that my family is complete. Jamie stands as the root of our little family, and I could not ask for a stronger base. He's thoughtful when I need it, he's honest when everyone needs it, and I never doubt for even a second how much he loves us. He's the love so many look for. I am just lucky the Lord gave me mine 9 years ago. Tonight at dinner with 3 handsome fellas I am celebrating not just what I have, but what I don't have. I don't have the worries that so many other hearts do. I know Jamie will be there for me. I know I should be thankful. And I certainly am.

In the absolutely valid truth of one of my favorite  country songs, "People only find love like yours and mine, once upon a lifetime."



Happy 9 Years, Jamie. 
Thanks for being the Cherry Coke to my Cheeze-Its. 
I love you.

Post a Comment