Bubba

Most people gripe and complain about younger brothers. They fight and bicker, and can't wait to be apart. Well, I'll have to admit, my brother and I are nothing like that. The paths that brought us together aren't the common ones most siblings have. I have been so blessed to have a younger brother who spoils me rotten. He is a wonderful young man that has grown into a great role model for my boys. They love him as much as I do. I was very lucky to be able to sit in the crowd as he walked across the stage and received his diploma. I pushed through the people after the ceremony, and shocked myself when I teared up as I saw him. He hugged me tight like always, and I couldn't help but thank the Lord for such a special day with such a special man. That night was filled with nothing short of HOOPLAH! Dakota is far far from the hooplah type, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Our crazy family pitched in and by the end of the night we had all eaten massive amounts of food and played possibly the greatest kickball game ever played on the nicely mowed field marked with perfectly constructed lines and bases....with foul poles and everything. (Gracias Matt) It was so much fun to laugh till I cried and to see those I love so much hurling balls at one another and risking life and limb just to win. It was a precious ending to a memorable day.

I know the future will bring so many opportunities for Dakota, and I know he is well prepared for whatever comes his way. I love him, and I am so thankful for his hard work and achievements.

Congratulations Bubba!






Post a Comment