Cherokee Camping 2013

  Just like last year, Jamie and I decided to to load up the boys and take a long weekend camping trip to Cherokee. We stayed at the Happy Holidays Campground. It was just as special as last year. We tent camped, for it is impossible to truly get the entire camping experience any other way. The boys romped and played around all weekend. We played in the pool, fished, and played at the Cherokee Fun Park, ultimately called, "Chuck E Cheese Fun Park" by Hootie. He screamed it all weekend, and has continued to scream it since then. Charlie told me today that we should have never let him go there because he talks about it all of the time. The heartbreaking quote of the trip came when Charlie jumped into the pool and realized this year that he could touch the bottom, "Look Daddy, I don't need you anymore!" Ug....broken heart. :( Glad he's growing and maturing, still hurts.  Brady fed the ducks everything that he could throw their way. The boys played putt putt and LOVED it. Although I am not ready to publish my "Mother's Guide to Camping While Maintaining Order," I would not have changed a thing about the weekend. On the day we left Jamie and I packed up a smelly tent, sticky boys, and my head full of about 1,000 bobby pins, along with four very, very happy Wards. I looked like a scary mountain woman, but honestly, I couldn't have cared less. We were able to spend an entire trip together. No real plans. We just went minute to minute and did whatever we decided. I love my 3 boys, and I love that we can enjoy each other just because we are together. I can't wait until next year. Here's a small glimpse of the fun....be sure to see our photo site for all of our trip pictures. http://withthewards.shutterfly.com/pictures/1846










Post a Comment