Blueberry Adventure

At the end of a bumpy mountain road lies a hideaway from Watauga's usually College town bustle. Follow the neatly painted wooden signs off of Highway 421 and onto Brownwood in Deep Gap to Mr. Chuck Lieberman's family farm. Mr. Lieberman has been a neighbor for 29 years, and I am grateful that now I am able to experience this sense of community with my own children. Mr. Lieberman has constructed a crafty homemade swinging bridge adjoining his blueberry patch. For years I have enjoyed grabbing a bucket, filling it at leisure, and stuffing my payment into the tiny slot in his rustic barn. Sometimes he's there, other times he's not, and I jump at the chance to savor the example of old-time honesty. I enjoy these small moments. I know I am making memories because I have built so many there myself.






(also published on GoBlueRidge http://www.goblueridge.net/unewz/20612-blueberry-adventure)

Post a Comment