The Niners

Some of us have them. You know. Those people who listen to us talk about stupid stuff, but act like it's a big deal. They open their door when your kids need to run into their house and potty. They give you advice about the flu and meds. They supply you with endless hours of fun with shared toys and clothes. They clean up parties they are invited to. They build outside play equipment for you free of charge. They laugh with you, they pray with you, and they never let you forget they are there for you.

I have this family. The wild Niners. (Snyders, but Brady renamed them, and I kinda like it) There are days in my life when I think about Melissa Snyder. I run constantly trying to keep things together. My house is never in order. That is not joke or sarcasm, I work endlessly only to sit down and realize I have no clean socks, somebody's shoes are out in the rain, and the remote is missing. Melissa raises 5 children with her possum killing husband, Darian. I'm not sure just how they do it, but her hair always looks nice, and everything is perfectly organized, her kids are well loved, AND she has the most polite children I have ever been around. I can dream I guess...







Within a few weeks, the Niners will be a team of 8. My sister and I had a small hooplah to celebrate. I loved being in a room with such wonderful women and mothers. This world is full of some pretty crummy characters, but I was reminded that there are great people still left. We talked about labor, laughed about swallowed items, and enjoyed the moment. I love this family, and not a day goes by that I am not thankful I have them in my life. They don't know it, but when this baby is born I am invading their lives. I mean, someone needs to wreck that unnatural organization right? :) Until then I will highly anticipate the arrival of this sweet, little #6.

Post a Comment