Dentists


I hate the dentist. I hate my teeth. I hate people touching teeth, including their own. That being said, this week has helped heal my phobias. On Sunday one of my back teeth broke off while I was chewing gum. After a short breakdown in church my sister told me about her dentist. I haven't been in too long because I had terrible experiences with my pediatric dentist. She consoled me and talked to into going. I finally called and they got me right in. Dr. Cook was wonderful and reasonable. The tooth is a quick fix, and there was no guilting or pressure while I was there. LOVED THEM ALL!

As luck would have it Charlie's first visit was scheduled for today with Dr. Kinlaw. He's always been a trooper about letting me brush and floss, but he is still Charlie, so I was nervous about him cooperating. To my surprise, again, the experience was awesome. He hopped right into the chair, opened HUGE, and laughed every time she sprayed the "water gun." He got a wonderful report and a new toothbrush. I was so proud. He was completely distracted the entire time by all her "tools." They were so great with him, and his nervous Mama.



One apple can truly spoil the whole bunch. I hate that I let my memories from my childhood dentist put a damper on my visit, and strike utter dread while I waited for Charlie's. We both can smile and look forward to our next visits.

Yay for dentists! (just nice ones though)

Post a Comment