Poop-tomers

It all started with Charlie's obsession with Scooby Doo. The old ones, the newer ones are weird. Anyway. He LOVED the episode with the Harlem Globetrotters.

A while back Charlie told me he wanted to "do poop-tomers." Even with my smart two year old dialect, I had no idea. I'd just say, "ok." That seemed to appease him for a while. He was playing basketball with Charlie and Charlie says, "Let's do Poop-tomers, Daddy."  Still....no....idea. Jamie, being as sharp as I am, says, "OK." They keep playing. Jamie starts doing tricks and says, "Hey, Charlie, let's play Globe Trotters." Charlie shouts, "That's what I said, POOP TOMERS!"

The name stuck. We called playing basketball "Poop-tomers." Charlie even has shorts he calls his, "Poop-tomer shorts." To make things worse, or funnier, Brady loves balls. If you say the word "Poop-tomer" he crawls to the closest ball and looks at Charlie's goal. Not sure if he thinks it's a ball or the actual game, but it is an interchangeable term at our house. Here is a video Jamie made while I wasn't home, hence the shirt on backwards :)
Click here if you can't see it.

Side note: What adds to the story is that we don't say "poop" at our house. It just grosses me out, and I hate to hear Charlie say it. Of course he learned it anyway, and I told him we just say "shookie" and I don't like the word poop. When he heard us telling people about "Poop-tomers" he freaked and started telling us, "We don't say that, we don't say poop." So....he has recently changed the term a bit editing the Poop with Globe.

Anyway.....funny tidbit. Hope I never forget it. The March Madness at our house has only added to the use of the term. Daddy watches lots of "Poop-tomers."

Post a Comment