Ford of the Lie 2012

In honor of my precious niece, Kendall, I have named this post "Ford of the Lie," which was her name for 4th of July many sweet years ago.

This year the 4th came and went in true patriotic fashion at our house. Tiff and I love the 4th and we love making the very best of the holiday. This year our cousin, Katy, made our kids matching elephant shirts. Don't worry, we celebrated in Avery County so no one snubbed us :) The night before we had a massive sleepover at my house. Kendall, Grant, Casey, and Charlie camped out with Jamie in the yard, and I set up a projector on the house and played a movie. Not tooting my own horn, but "TOOT TOOT!" Seriously, I kinda felt like I was the Holiday Cheermeister again. Anyway, this event lead to Charlie's spiral of a very tired, un-happy and un-grateful to be an American day. He trudged along, but wouldn't allow me to tell him Happy 4th of July, didn't participate in our patriotic singalongs in the car, and wouldn't wear the super necklaces thrown at the parade, but I know he had a blast. He just puts on an Oscar the Grouch front from time to time. Brady loved it all except the fire trucks. He LOVES horses now, so he was very excited to see those.


After the parade we went to the Banner Elk park for putt putt, a picnic, and book sale. Mom was a trooper and got B to sleep while we all played. We went back at Tiff's house and played, went to church, and then hit the golf course for fireworks. Not sure which one, and apparently calling them by the wrong name is one of those unwritten stupid golf etiquette rules, so I won't guess. It was awesome. The whole day. I love my family and I love my country, so when I have a day set aside to simply love and celebrate both of those, well, I soak in every minute.

Please note the choking going on when I tried to share my necklace.









I'm very thankful for every moment I am given to be a mother, wife, sister, daughter, and nutty crazy American Republican. This IS the American dream, but I just call it my life.

Post a Comment