Squishy & The Monster

Whew! Saturday was a day. Let me just tell you that I can never completely explain the fun of this weekend's festivities, I'll let the pictures do most of the explaining. My mom, Tiffany, and I loaded up the kids and, while wearing 10 layers, we went to the Woolly Worm fest in Banner Elk. I'd always heard people complain about the crowds and traffic, but I can honestly say it was worth it. I've lived here my whole life and never gone. We entered four worms: Kendall, "Reece Cup," Grant, "Woolly Stripes," Charlie, "The Monster," and Brady, "Squishy." Charlie and I had collected these critters for a few weeks. We were ready for today. We almost missed the first race, but after Tiffany sprinted while dragging her kids to the stage and yelling for them to wait, we made it. She heard this tale that keeping your worm warm helped the speed, so she carried hers in her toboggan all day. When her race came she couldn't find it in her hat until the crowd yelled and told her it was crawling on top of her head. Ha ha ha. Priceless. Anyway, B didn't make it until his race. He was sleeping, so Grant raced for him. Charlie did not want to touch it, so I finally gave in and put it on his string. He was excited. Charlie and I seemed to have a great chance, but then I noticed about 10 worms further than us.  Grant racing Brady's worm was a little more stubborn, but he did a great job anyway. Mom was a trooper. She wasn't feeling the best, but she handled every situation like a pro. Even after the tent over the food tables crashed on her and Brady. It was windy, crowded, loud, and busy, but it was a day where memories were made. I will be there next year for sure.






click here if you can't see the video :)


(Please ignore my annoying southern twang in this video)

Post a Comment