Happy Birthday, Brady!

"Let's have a baby, Regina." I remember those words so clearly as I marched into Cannon Hospital in Linville one year ago. My favorite nurse hugged me when I walked in to the OB. After days of walking, waiting, and falsely thinking he was coming, that was the day when I knew I was going to meet my baby.



Last night Jamie and I went to my cousin, Matt's, baseball game at my old high school. With the game tied, and bases loaded, Matt approached the plate. We were all screaming. Suddenly, from my lap, Brady stands up and yells, "MAAAAAATTT!" It was priceless. Matt knocked in the winning run. My Baby B is a big boy.


I have to admit this week has been hard. I've been very emotional, and tried my very best to look forward to today. On Sunday, we had a family birthday bash at the park. Even though Brady hated the cake, we had so much fun. It did my mother's heart good to hear everyone talk about what a handsome little guy he has become.

This morning we celebrated with pancakes and birthday hats, and tonight we are treating him to Chic Fila and probably ice cream :)





I am well aware that Charlie's eyes are closed, unfortunately this was no accident.
It is becoming the "cool" thing to do in all of our family pictures.
My delivery is vivid in my mind. The days leading up to his arrival involved massive walking and even a trip up to Grandfather (this year we went again, we are thinking of making it annual since we have wonderful memories from that day)

I'll save the delivery details for another day, but at 7:22 pm I held the most precious screaming baby in the world. He made our family complete.





This year has brought SO much. I have tried to share it all as it happened, but there is no way I could share every smile. Last night as I rocked him to sleep, I took a few minutes longer than usual to lay him down. He is my baby. He will always be my baby. I hope he always pats my back when he's sad, let's me smell his ears and laughs, shakes his head "no" when you ask if he's your boy, laughs until he loses his breath at bathtime when Charlie runs like a wildman, he dances whenever he hears any beat, shoots any size ball or object into his tiny goal, lives his life simply to mess in the fridge when he hears it open. I know things will change. I know he will grow. I know these little things will slip away, but I will always ALWAYS remember the day when I was blessed with the sweetest little Hootie Hoot on Earth.



I love you, B. Happy, Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment