If I weren't....

(perhaps, "If I wasn't" not sure on this one grammatically:)


Today when I was eating breakfast in our annual mother's day breakfast booth, an older lady smiled at my boys and looked right at me and wished me a "Happy Mother's Day." I started thinking as I told her, "Thank you," because I hated to say "You too." I wondered if she had children. It made me really do some deep wondering, there are so many things I would have missed if I were not a mother.

Yes, yes, I am pretty sure I would not have spider-veins and I would be able to finish a book in less than a month, but beyond that.

If I weren't a mother....

no one would cry for me when I am not close enough to feel my breath at night.
I wouldn't have pictures on the shower walls to enjoy while I showered.
I wouldn't have the ability to sleep with one leg off the bed.
my car would not be filled with Superhero battles set in the places we are passing as we drive.
my laundry would never have balls or army guys fall out when I am getting them out of the dryer.
my face would never have sticky kisses.
my teeth would never be flossed by Spiderman flossers with such force that I flinch, but smile anyway.
I would never enjoy a retold Sunday School lesson that somehow ALWAYS incorporates "bad guys" or "strange places."
I'd never know the name of the Kratt brothers
I'd never understand the words, "Aroush, mill mill, pooptomers, Go Guys game, and pill pill."
Charlie

Brady



I'm such a blessed mother and wife. I am so thankful the Lord gave my heart two precious little hearts to love.



On Mother's Day and everyday, I am so thankful for the mother that God has given me. Now that I have children I am so blessed to see my boys enjoy her too. She does so much for us, and we all love her as a very important part of our lives. She never "left me out" growing up. I was a part of every plan she made and everything she did. Mom never melted down or lost it with us. She was always composed and calm. I'm not sure if I inherited that coolness, but I try to remember how she was when I am on the verge.


Happy Mother's Day Nanny and Mom....we ALL love you!


Post a Comment