Critter #3 (4,5, and 6): "Pillars"

Casey, Charlie, and I have been trying for weeks to find a caterpillar in our meadow to send to kindergarten with Casey. Besides finding a hoard of beatle bugs we just had rotten luck. Until....the other day we found 3. I sent 2 to Casey's class and got out the critter aquarium from Uncle Dave, and put the other one in there. The next day my sister, Tiffany, came over and I thought it would be neat if her kids had one to watch grow too, so as luck would have it we found one for each of them. Because of Tiffany's tech problems, she can't comment, I can say this. I knew there was little hope for these tiny critters. Sure enough, one died and the other escaped. Tiffany has the touch. Ha ha ha. Anyway, I looked for replacements, to no avail. While in the meadow I grabbed a handfull of milk weed to replinish our food supply. The next day I was shocked to see another LARGE caterpillar and two extrememly tiny ones. I guess I over looked them on the new leaves. Maybe they will make it to the Reece house, I'm still thinking on that.
It is right above the hole. It is so tiny.
  Now Charlie has one "crystle-miss"(chrysalis), one ginormous caterpillar, and two very tiny ones. He enjoys looking at them and sneaking a squeeze while we are giving them new leaves. He came running in the kitchen the other day and told me they were "squishy" SO.....we decided to move them atop his book shelf. Stay tuned for more progress.

                                            

Post a Comment