Dirty Laundry and Wonderful Blessings

After my upteenth load of laundry this morning (upteenth is a word, the definition is located in the "Book of Nanaisms") I realized I need to purge the boy's clothes. Everyday I try something on one of them and it is ALREADY TOO SMALL!! This tears my heart a bit each time. When I'd finished packing them away and labeling the boxes I seemed to have a  bit of panic. The drawers seem so empty. That caused a little stress, but like always the Lord provided, this week I was blessed to have two wonderful friends and a wonderful sister to fill their closets again. I am so thankful for all of those who love my family enough to think of us for their hand-me-downs. Jamie and I have been so blessed to have those to help us out.
  Back to the story, after putting away all of the clothes I was getting a little frustrated because my house is a disaster, I mean landslide/tornado disaster, and it looked like I have accomplished nothing. After my moment of self pity I realized I was overlooking something so important. We are so lucky to be able to have the clothes in our baskets, and that our boys always have clothes. I'll admit that I always try to see the sun through the clouds, but every mother gets overwhelmed at some point with endless laundry, but today I have never been so thankful for all of the clothes, shoes, and socks scattered on all of our beds.

Thank you Lord for the laundry and for my healthy, growing boys that create it.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits”. Psalm 103:2
 

Marti  – (August 22, 2011 at 1:11 PM)  

You KNOW that you want to let me loose in those closets that you won't let me open. :)

Post a Comment