Stitched with Love

"And I told her, you think it's impossible to love anyone more than you do your own kids, until you have grandchildren, and then you know you can."

These words came flooding from my mother's mouth the other day when we were talking, and I don't even think she realized what she'd said. She kept on with her story and I sat there about to cry. I never knew how much I would love to hear this. I knew she loved them from the day she knew they were in my belly, but to hear it, well, was something different.  My mom is someone who makes sure they know this. I wanted to post some pictures of the quilts she has made for my boys and my sister, Tiffany's kids. After I heard her say this the other day, I knew I it was the perfect timing.
In mere days my mother can come out with the most crafty and beautiful quilts, curtains, scarves, dolies, (not sure how to spell it) and anything else. I get so excited when she makes these things because those are the things that mean the most. Knowing the time it took to make them, and the love it took to design them absolutely melts my heart. I treasure these things, and I will always make sure my boys do as well. I record each gift in their journal, in hopes that one day they can pass them onto their children. Yes, she should sell them, no, she never has.

I've always thought in my mind when it comes to love, "Don't assume they know you love them unless you show it." Life is so short, too short not to spend it telling those you love that you love them. Mom, I love you, and thanks for loving my family so much.


Here are a very few pictures of many of the things she's made for our boys.









Post a Comment