Mar Mar

Had a dream the other night. I dreamed my Dad's sister, Myra, called with exciting news. She had found an autographed copy of a Forester Sisters CD. If you didn't grow up in country North Carolina in the 80's then you have no idea how exciting this dream was. Why did I incooperate this  music with my Aunt Myra? Well....because Myra loaded me up and took me to my very first concert. Yep, The Forester Sisters at the Fair.
   This dreamed sparked memories that are very appropriate. Thursday is Myra's birthday. Growing up Myra was always a big part of my life, but every year that has passed we have become more and more like sisters. She's hauled my lazy college butt to class, listened to me cry when teachers gave me the shaft or doctor's gave me off the wall diagnoses, she's looked up numbers for me while I drove, given me random cooking tips, screamed when I told her I was having a baby, celebrated with me each and every pound, BABYSAT and taught my son how to use a Yoga call, answers every "Hey, do you have a minute to listen?" with a caring, "Sure." Everytime.
  I love her. I tell her, but I just don't think I can tell her enough.
  The other day I was walking with the kids when I stumbled on something I had years ago forgotten about. When my Grandfather added a new addition onto his barn, he made a brick wall right outside. Like yesterday I was flooded with the picture. I remember Myra standing with me and my sister, Tiffany, and pressing our handprints into the drying cement. I ran home (not literally because Brady weighs a ton) and got the camera. The prints were old and faded, but still so clear to me.

The date reads 8/26/89

Heather (age 4)

Tiffany (age 10)
Myra     

I didn't need these handprints in stone to remind me just how long Myra has been there for me, but it sure brought some tears when I sat there thinking as I was holding my own boys. Charlie's hand fit perfectly into my print. Funny how just yesterday Myra was watching me grow, and now I am so blessed that she is a part of my boys' lives each and everyday. Aunt "Mar" (as Charlie calls her) WE LOVE YOU!


Happy 29th Birthday, Aunt "Mar"!!
                                

Post a Comment