Brady is 2 months old.....and growing

Two months?!
 Yes, how did this happen? I have been wondering that this week. My little guy is two months already. Even though this past weekend was a whirlwind of fun, I had this horrible, nagging dread in my stomach because I knew what was coming....SHOTS :(
Jamie knows I can't emotionally handle seeing my babies hurt, so he came with me. I couldn't help but smile when I walked into Dr. Baker's office. The ladies there are so nice, and I can tell they love seeing us. When Nurse Heidi came and called Brady's name I cringed. I cracked some stupid jokes to lighten my mood. Heidi joked with the boys and, like always, understood my craziness.


She put Brady on the scales and she burst out laughing. After she belly-laughed and finally was able to catch her breath, she told us he weighs 17 pounds. Oh my goodness. Everyone tells me he's huge, but 17 pounds?? I love it. I secretly had a huge comfort flooding over me as I held my big boy with pride. I was so thankful he was healthy, and that I have been able to help him be that way.


Dr. Baker came in with his usual jolly smile. He made small talk with Charlie and laughed about his dinosaur collection. The checkup was great....until the needles came out. I'd have to say I did better this time than Charlie's first. Heidi didn't even have to wipe my mascara from his leg. Of course he cried....and of course I fed him. Jamie went to pay and take care of the next appointment with Charlie, and I took those few peaceful moments and held my little chunk and wiped his tears. Nothing in my life is more rewarding than motherhood. I will always remember the look on his chubby face as I snuggled him and watched his clutch his silky.



He was a little grouchy, but recovered well. I'm not only thankful for a healthy boy, but so thankful to Dr. Charles Baker and his entire office for reminding me once more that there are still people out there who care enough about my children to know them by name, and to know me well enough to pat my back in comfort as I walk out of the office. Another blessed day to be thankful for......

Post a Comment