Making our world Cheynie

This post is a bit early, but simply because the star will be out of commission for a while, and I wanted to make sure these birthday wishes were read.


15 years ago (from Saturday) the chubbiest little girl arrived into our family. My cousin, Cheyenne Jordan Hayler, by all guesses was going to be a boy, but thank goodness we were given a little tomboy that has grown into the most mature, beautiful, and thoughtful young lady that I know of. She's not the little flower girl from my wedding anymore, but she's all grown up. Everytime I force myself to travel into the crowds of public with my boys I can't help but find myself getting red in the face with sheer anger at some of the trash that is in our world. (I don't have to remind you that neither of my boys will get married, and if by chance they sneak a girlfriend into their lives, I WILL be that mother-in-law they've feared.)  I'm afraid I am this way because parents have focused

I love her even if she beats me at Corn-Hole
on raising their children to be a success in the eyes of pop-culture. Obviously this is reflected at the most inappropriate times, like the checkout lines when the F-bomb rings out of the mouth of some trashly mini-Gaga only feet away from Charlie's ears. Just when I think there is no hope for our youth, I remember.....my friends, I know someone who has no idea how beautiful they are on the outside because they are even more beautiful on the inside. This is someone who isn't beautiful because they are measured on the beauty scale of Hollywood society. I'm talking a natural
Cheynie and Charlie beginning their race
beauty. The timeless beauty, one from the old days with beautiful deep eyes and a flawless complexion coupled with true poise, you know, like from black and white movies. She's got a smile that is always a comfort to me. It's beautiful, but it means so much more. It means that times are rough, things aren't always smooth, you don't always have an easy road.....but there's no use to frown about it. I don't ever think about her without seeing her smile in my mind. She is wise beyond her years, and so humble that she would deny it.



As my little sister, Casey told me once, "Cheynie is everyone's best friend because she is so sweet." That was exactly right! I'd never thought about it, but it is so true. She IS everyone's best friend. Cheynie loves my boys like I do, and let me tell you, there aren't many of those people around. She celebrates their accomplishments with me, and tears up when she sees them hurt. I am not sure, because I've never seen her DNA bloodwork, but she quite possibly could be my other sister. Even if the genes aren't there, I'll settle for a cousin with a truly Cheynie Smile :)




Happy Birthday, "Hinny!" 
We sure do love you!
remember to pause the music on the left side in the blue box

Cheyenne  – (July 24, 2011 at 8:47 AM)  

Heather you made me cry! I love you so much! You made my day and I am very proud to call you my cousin. I'm and your gonna miss you and your boys this week while I'm at camp,but I will have this in my head all week. I love you and thank you for making my week. I'll miss you
Love you Cheynie

Post a Comment