Ford of the Lie


"Ford of the Lie" is a direct quote from my niece, Kendall, when she was younger. Translated: "Forth of July." There is no way I could ever put into words the fun we had, especially after reading the story told by, Kendall.  Read it here.......http://areecefamily.blogspot.com/2011/07/fourth-of-july.html
Grant and Kendall
Here goes anyway....
Our July 4th weekend was full and fun. Chris, Marti, and Ivy came and stayed with us. Charlie and Ivy played and we just laughed a lot. Good times. On the actual 4th I loaded up my already ridiculously full car with swimming shorts, blankets, crocs, snacks, Marissa, and my boys and headed to the Banner Elk parade. 
  
(I'll have to add that I have been boycotting the parade in Boone since I witnessed the most unpatriotic and flat out disrespectful floats I believe I have ever seen. Blah on them and their unAmerican propaganda....anyway, off of my soapbox......)The weather was very hot, but I whipped out Jamie's massive golf umbrella and Brady slept in the shade while mom held Charlie in the stifling heat. He had a blast.
We followed the end of the parade to the park. Charlie played some putt putt and then it began to rain a little, then a little more. I knew the storm was getting worse, so Marissa and I weighed to options and decided to RUN and I mean SPRINT back to the Bayou parking lot to get Lee's truck and my car in order to save the kids from electricution. I left the boys with Mom and ran. As she fed "Pie Da Man" every smarty she could find, we ran for it. It was pure hail! After we got the kids in and threw our stuff in the bottom dropped out. Whew...it was rough on this older and still slightly overweight Mama.


We went back to my sister's and did a few rainy day crafts and refereed some matches.  My brother-in-law, Tommy, led the trip to see fireworks at Grandfather Golf course. They were BEAUTIFUL! Charlie kept saying, "That's my favorite!" Even Brady watched.
I drove home listening to my patriotic CD (thanks to my equally patriotic sister, Tiff) and watched the glow of fireworks in the sky. I took time to thank God for the day, my home, my family, and for my country. I hope I never take for granted how much God HAS blessed America. 

"Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." – Thomas Paine



I am thankful for those forefathers of our country who underwent "the fatigue of supporting" my freedoms.


 

Post a Comment