Racy Casey


Five years and about 38 weeks ago I remember clearly. I was on the phone with my Dad having some emotional breakdown that, looking back, was so insignificant that I haven't a clue what it was. My Dad said these words, "Well, I wanted to tell you Kathy is pregnant. Maybe that will  make your night better."

How could I have ever known that very soon I would be able to hold the sweetest little big eyed girl. Casey and I are unusual sissies I suppose. We don't pull hair or read each other's diaries, but we have something far more special. Casey added something to my life that I didn't even see was missing. Ten years ago I never would have guessed that I would be a big sister. I love it!


The other day she melted my heart. She said, "Sissy, you know what I want to be? I want to be a Mommy cause God gives them babies like you, and I love you."


Priceless. Tomorrow I plan on letting her do her own makeup, eat ice cream for breakfast, take her swimming, and above all, make her know just how much I love her.

Happy 5th Birthday to my little Sissy!

Post a Comment